Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I am clearly not alone







I would like to sit in a dark room and feel bad for myself. Feel bad that my hours at work have been cut. Feel bad that I struggle to pay the bills. Feel bad that this economy SUCKS. But it is very hard to feel bad for myself when so many others struggle.
I received calls and emails from my friends yesterday who were so stressed out that they needed to vent. Bill collectors calling, being taken to court for credit card debt, bounced checks and just the overall lack of $$$.
It is amazing how many people want money from you and they want it QUICK. It feels as if the bill companies are the only ones who are blind to the fact that this country is in a fucking financial crisis. Give it time you assholes. We are working on it. We will get you your money when we have it. Don't ask for $100 on Friday when we don't know if we'll have it. We will call or send it when it arrives in the bank.
People are trying to pay the mortgage, rent, heat, electricity and most of all trying to feed their kids. Fuck the million dollar bailout for corporate America. Think about the little guys like us. Enough is enough.
Ok, I feel better now. LOL. But like I said I am NOT alone. We will get through this but it will take time. Share your stress and then open the window and let it out. There is only so much we can do right?

No comments: