Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year.....2009 has arrived







It has been some time now that I have been able to sit down and relax in a calm and quiet environment. The holidays are always hectic around here and as I have written before STRESSFUL. I am grateful that they are over and I am excited about starting a new year.



Here are some of the things I resolve to do in 2009:






1. Live a healthier lifestyle. I will start by not eating fried foods or sweets. I don't want to say the word diet because we all know how that word somehow always bites us in the ass. I also don't want to exclude too many things from my diet so that I feel overwhelmed and defeated. I will attempt to start a workout routine again. One that does not put any extra added pressure on the bed leg. One day at a time is how I am looking at this goal.






2. I am going to start prioritizing the people in my life. I look back and I see some of the relationships I have been in and realized that I have made some people a priority without them earning that right. I have put others aside that deserved to be noticed and loved by me. I will no longer make the calls, the drive or anything else that takes time away from others. I resolve to acknowledge those in my life that have treated me right, helped me in my times of need. I resolve to spend the time to pen a letter or email to show my appreciation. I resolve to make the time to spend it with the people in my life that should matter the most to me. I value my friendships and relationships but have not always put them in the right order. This is something I must change.






3. I will also try to use positive thinking in those times of self pity. I will try to remove my habitual negative thinking. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Instead of sitting back and waiting for the world to give me what I think I deserve I will put in the effort to get what I want, need and deserve. There are worse things in the world that are going on then the things in my life. There is always a way to change a negative to a positive. I will make this another priority.






4. I will continue to raise money and awareness. I will make The Walk for a Cure a top priority this year. Team WALK FOR DEE will be in full force and things will be changing this year. It is time to be assertive and get the word out there. I have been doing this for four years but have allowed myself to feel defeated. This year I will find new ways to encourage others to join me in this very important fight. Every day , every dollar makes a difference.






5. And last but not least. I resolve to find a HEALTHY relationship. A relationship that has future. A relationship that is not surrounded by drama and heartache. I want the kind of relationship where I am happy when he is around and even when he is not. I want a trusting relationship. I want one with someone who loves to hear my laughter and one who draws that out of me. I will not SETTLE. I will not let a man be my only option. I can't wait to find him.






So there you have it. They are little changes but I resolve to do what I can to keep them going. Small steps can lead to great things. What have you resolved to do in 2009?

No comments: